York Mills CI is hosting FROSHientation, a chance for incoming students to meet classmates, receive their timetable, pay SAC fees, and get to know their new school. It will take place on:
Thursday, August 30th, 2018
Grade 9s: 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Grade 10s: 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
YMCI Frosh flyer 2018
A few documents were sent home in the week preceding March Break. As some students/families were absent during that time, we are making them available via this post.
We wish everyone a safe and happy rest of your March Break!
Visit to York Mills CI
- for all SAJH students who are transitioning to York Mills CI this September, coming from grade 8 or 9
- Thursday, March 22nd, periods 4-7
- Students not going to York Mills will remain in school
- Permission form due back (either YES or NO portion filled) by 9 am of Wednesday, March 21st
- Print form here: YMCI Tour Parent Permission 2018 511C
Grade 8 package: Dates, Grad Trip, Code of Conduct
- for all grade 8 students
- Important upcoming dates, from now until the end of June
- Grad Trip excursion form and Code of Conduct form: due back March 23rd, 2018
- Print package here: Gr.8 package 2018mar05
The last lunch sessions are take place today, as the deadline for both online and printed sign off sheet are due tomorrow (Friday, February 23).
I’m aware that MyBlueprint has given errors for many people while trying to print. I am able to print sign off sheets from my account. If you’ve had trouble printing, students can see me during break or lunch to get sign off sheets printed.
As we continue the course selection process, there are some reference documents from the TDSB that you might find helpful. Some of these were shared earlier with students during our MyBlueprint training sessions; others have just been made available.
- SecondaryPlacemat_F – summary of key information for high school and course selection
- Choices 2018-2019 insert – more detail about high school credits, post-secondary destinations, course types and pathways
- Pathways Planning Guide – details about the course pathways for English, Math, Science, and English as a Second Language/English Language Learners (ESL/ELL)
Answers to frequent questions:
- Students can take more than one Arts course in grade 9; York Mills CI is requiring students take at least one in order to fulfill the Arts requirement. BTT/TIJ (section D) are not mandatory.
- If you are in grade 9 and have NOT taken an Arts course this year, you MUST take one during grade 10 (codes starting in “A”, e.g. Visual Arts, Music, Drama, Dance, etc).
- In order to add in Learning Strategies (GLS/GLE), you need to leave an elective space open, then hand-write the request for GLS/GLE on the sign-off sheet. There will be a letter sent home tomorrow for students who are suggested to take GLS/GLE.
A reminder that course selection is due by February 23, and requires the SIGNED PAPER COPY as well as online submission via the MyBlueprint website.
Optional attendance forms for York Mills CI are due to St. Andrew’s JHS tomorrow! Please hand them into the Guidance box in the main office.
Optional attendance forms for OTHER SCHOOLS should also be handed in tomorrow – this allows for time to process and sign forms, as well as giving families adequate time to deliver the forms to other schools. Remember that most staff (including Ms. Wong) will be out of the building on Thursday for our second Activity Day, so that’s one less day.
Forms are due to the desired school by FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd, 2018.
Rosedale Heights School of the Arts is hosting a visit for grade 8 students who are interested in applying to Rosedale for next year. The visit will consist of a welcome and info session, student performances, and a tour of the school.
Grade 8 Visit: Thursday, November 16, 2017
Note that due to space limitations, only students can attend the daytime visit. Parents/Guardians are welcome to attend the evening Open House, at 6:15pm or 7:00pm.
Students can register to attend this visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, sending a message on Remind, or signing up in school. The deadline to sign up is 3pm on Monday, November 13th.
A quick reminder that the York Mills CI info night is taking place today at 6pm. This is for both the regular and French Immersion program, and is a great opportunity to see the school for yourself and learn more about their programs.
The full schedule of info nights can be found here.
I also post weekly reminders of secondary info nights via Remind – instructions to join are linked below: