We are about to begin tryouts for our two Slo-Pitch teams this week.
- Girls’ Team tryouts begin this Thursday after school.
- Today’s Boys’ Team tryouts have been cancelled due to weather and field conditions; we will start next Tuesday after school.
Note that any student wanting to try out MUST have returned a completed permission form in order to participate.
We are also looking for donated equipment (can be used!) to replace aging gear and to share with students – some of our students do not have their own gear and donations would enable them to participate. We are seeking the following:
- BATS – 22oz or lighter, 34″ barrel bats. Must say “Official Softball” in order to be used in slo-pitch tournaments. Must be metal (no wooden bats, please).
- GLOVES – baseball or softball gloves (softball preferred). Left-handed and right-handed gloves are both helpful.
Ms. Montemurro from Owen PS is running an after school basketball skills camp called BBall for All. The first session takes place today (Wednesday, April 4th) in the Owen gym from 6pm – 7pm, and will include time for registration, fee payment, and a skills assessment. See the BBall for All flyer for more details.
After the first session, the skills camp will take place on:
- Wednesdays 6-7pm in the Owen PS gym, from April 4 to June 13
- Thursdays 6-7pm in the York Mills CI gym, from April 12 to June 14
Interested students should sign up in the SAJH main office and pick up a business card, or attend the first session tonight at Owen PS.
Please contact Ms. Montemurro with any questions. She can be reached via email or phone: email@example.com / 647-627-9363
The first practice for the Grade 7/8 swim team will now be on Tuesday Feb. 20th at 7:15am for both grade 7s AND grade 8s (combined practice).
If students are interested but have not already signed up, they should see Ms. Hassanali for permission forms.
Music By The Lake (MBTL) is an eight day residential instrumental and vocal music camp for Toronto District School Board students in grades 6 – 8. It will take place Saturday, June 3 through to Saturday, June 10, 2017.
Music By The Lake is a life changing experience for many young musicians. Their participation in MBTL continues to develop their appreciation of music, and their musicianship (from a week of playing and singing 4 hours a day, seeing professional performances every night, and performing for the entire camp in a small ensemble concert). It also develops their ability to think critically and to work as part of a team.
The MBTL application is now happening online. Attached is all necessary information on how to apply. Links to information and the application are available on the website: https://sites.google.com/a/tdsb.on.ca/music-by-the-lake/.
Students who are eligible to attend MBTL include:
- Instrumental students (band, strings, guitar and steel pan) in grades 6, 7, or 8 who are currently enrolled in their school instrumental program and have been for a minimum of one year,
- Vocal students in grades 6, 7, or 8 who are currently a member of their school choir. In the absence of a school choir, interested students are welcome.
Scholarships are available – contact Ms. Cocco if you would like to request a scholarship application form.
Students are expected to remain in this program for the full duration, so please make sure there are no school conflicts.
Senor strings rehearsal is cancelled for today, Friday December 16.
Tonight at 7, the St. Andrew’s cast performs the fourth and final show of “Romeo and Winifred.” Students from SAJH and our feeder schools have enjoyed two performances thus far, with the third happening as I write!
Tickets are available at the door for $5. We hope you’ll join us in the cafetorium tonight for the show.
We are also collecting food donations for our drive supporting the North York Harvest Food Bank. Non-perishable food items can be donated at the door.
Please check on our “Month at a Glance” section for current events and activities happening at SAJH; available from the far-right in the top bar, and also from the link below: